This page has now been updated with the 2012 race information.
Race HQ: Merthyr College, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1AR.
Race start time: 10AM.
An ideal race or long training run for spring marathons especially London.
Runners World Pocket Race Guide - Spring 20-milers:
To experience what its fans have called a real 'runners race', head to South Wales and the San Domenico 20 - a race that's fast becoming a classic. The industrial backdrop of the Welsh valleys might not seem the most promising race setting, but once you head out onto the well-maintained paths of the Taff Trail towards Abercynon you'll be blown away by the unspoilt scenery that abounds along the route.
See the full write-up - here
- Probably the most enjoyable and picturesque 20-mile course in South Wales
- Now in it's 6th year of 'resurrection'
- Scenic, mostly traffic-free, mainly off-road route along the 'tarmac' Taff Trail (www.tafftrail.org.uk)
- Excellent feedback from previous participants
- Some undulations and climbs
- Memento to all finishers - technical t-shirt (The 2012 technical t-shirt can be seen here).
- Category prizes
- Changing / Showers / Refreshments / Parking / Baggage area
- First aid provision / water stations (gels at 12.5 miles kindly supplied by MOTI)
- Race entry limit - 400 - no entries on the day if race limit reached
- Race numbers are to be collected on the day. No entry fees can be refunded or deferred. No transfer of race numbers allowed.
- Run under WA rules, accurately measured and permit applied for
- For the safety of you and others, we advise against the wearing of personal listening devices such as MP3 players.
- Course not suitable for wheelchair athletes